Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Pregnancy Chronicles: Week 16

Oops, I'm a few days late with this post, but life was crazy...

How big is the baby?

16 weeks in pj's

The baby is about the size of an avocado, approximately 4 1/2 inches & 3 1/2 ounces. This is Poppy & me in pj's in the St. Louis hotel room we stayed in over the weekend. This is also my first attempt to post pictures to my blog from instagram. I think instagram is cool, but I admit that I don't really know what I'm doing with it. It's like twitter for me ... I think I have an account, but I don't know how that happened and I don't understand how tweeting works. It seems like this should come naturally to a birdie, but not so much.

How I'm feeling:

Great for the most part. I get extremely dehydrated in the middle of the night even if I drink a bunch of water in the late evening, so that is not overly pleasant. Most of the other typical pregnancy symptoms faded away this week.

What I'm eating:

Favs this week were potatoes in any form ... baked, mashed, fries ..., chicken salad, and bagels. I'm really craving Dr. Pepper and it has completely stopped giving me heartburn. I'm trying to limit to only a couple per week because I know it's not the most healthy thing to drink. But, I figure if I also drink a ton of water it'll be alright.

Weight: +6 lbs

Highlights:

I made it on a road trip to St. Louis (8 hours each way) for a fabulous shower for my future sister-in-law. I had to stop about twice as much as I normally would have to stretch out my legs & hips. The good news was that it was an all female road trip including my mom & grandmom, so no one suggested that any of us just "try to make it a few more exits." Riding around in a car was one of my least favorite activities during the 1st trimester, and now I feel almost back to my old self on long car rides. Let's hope the feeling lasts until my brother's wedding at the end of March when we make the trip again.

Deep Thoughts:

Grandmom decided that my maternity clothes look very comfortable. We got to spend about an hour at the galleria in St. Louis and burned up all of our time in Macy's. I was perfectly happy with this because it appeared to be the only store in the whole mall that had maternity clothes. Grandmom lamented the fact that she spent her hour in formal dresses when she might have found some great options for herself if she had stayed with me. Then, she just decided that I could give her my hand-me-downs when my gut goes back to a normal size. Makes me wonder if anyone else's grandmother has inherited their maternity pants...

No comments:

Post a Comment