Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Pregnancy Chronicles: Week 12

How big is the baby?

The size of a large plum ... about two and a half inches long and half an ounce.

Here is the first belly pic:



How I'm feeling:

Definitely better this week. Perhaps I will side step morning sickness entirely :) ... although maybe I shouldn't speak so soon. All of the weekly emails I get are singing the praises of the upcoming 2nd trimester, so I have high hopes for lots of energy and nesting ability. I am not a natural "nester," unless that's what you call all the piles of stuff that look like bird nests all over my house. So, we'll see if pregnancy turns me into a crazy organizer mom.

What I'm eating:

Lots of fruit and cereal. I'm still going out to lunch most days - just have to get away from the office for an hour - and I just drive straight to the restaurant that I'm craving at the moment. I am frequenting Chick-Fil-A and Ding How. I am having trouble with marinara sauce, so I'm staying away from pizza and spaghetti. Oh, how I miss eating pizza without getting heartburn.

Weight: +3.5 lbs from pre-pregnancy weight

Highlights:

Finally starting to take weekly belly pics. I feel like my tummy is large already, but I know that in reality, it is just barely showing. I can't wait until I'm carrying around a watermelon ... then I can look back at this photo and reminisce about the good ole plum days.

4 comments:

  1. That last part is absolutely true! I look back at early pictures I took of my "belly" and hope I can get back there one day! Granted, Baby D is due a week from today, so I'm at my largest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Al,

    You are the cutest little mamma!

    -Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete