Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Pregnancy Chronicles: Week 13

Ok, I'm only behind by a couple of posts, so I will be caught up this week! Then, the photos you see & the info will be real time rather than a couple of weeks old.

How big is the baby?


The baby is about the size of a peach & 3 inches long.




We always take these pictures after it's already dark outside, so we definitely have some issues with lighting and shadows. But ... the days will be longer and warmer soon, so hopefully we can move our weekly photography session outside and get better pictures :)

How I'm feeling:

I have felt better this week! I do get tired at night and my favorite after work activity is hanging out on the couch. But I have gotten some good sleep and I can get comfortable pretty easily.

What I'm eating:


Favorites this week are olives, apples with peanut butter, popcorn, chicken, salads, cheese. I am definitely craving veggies in salad form. I am loving the salad bar at Jason's Deli. The only things I can drink are water, milk, and orange juice. I love lemon or lime in the water. For a fancy drink, I mix orange juice and soda water. How refined.

What I'm not eating:

Still no pizza or spaghetti. No mexican food... I haven't even tried to eat mexican. It sounds gross to me and I used to eat it about once or twice a week. Weird. The key is not to overeat, and the weird thing is that I can get really full on about half of the portions that I used to eat. It is not the most convenient thing to eat tiny portions constantly throughout the day, but when I can make this happen, I feel the best.

Weight: I have lost weight since last week and I'm back to +2 pre-pregnancy weight

Highlights:

I got an awesome package in the mail from Jessi with books, maternity clothes to borrow, and a cute tie-dyed onesie. We are working very hard to clean out the room that will become the nursery and Poppy's first few baby items are making their way into his/her closet. This week is legendary for the first person asking if I have a "bun in the oven" just because of how my tummy looked. It was a coworker, but the pregnancy news hadn't made it to her wing of the building yet :) We are right in the middle of a kitchen renovation and I am so excited for it to be done! The walls have been painted and we have new countertops and tile backsplash. The painters are coming back soon to do the cabinets, so it's off to pick out colors. I am very tired of picking out paint colors and hope to go many years without having to do so again. Anyway, if all goes as planned, we will have almost every room in our house decorated and furnished the way we want it before the baby gets here. And we've already lived here for over 4 years. It seems that a house is always a work in progress...

1 comment:

  1. good update! can't wait to see pics of the house!! :)

    ReplyDelete