Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Pregnancy Chronicles: Week 15

How big is the baby?




The baby is about the size of a large navel orange, 4 1/2 inches long, and a little over 2 ounces - so tiny!!

How I'm feeling:

Pretty good this week. I had a few days of back & hip pain, mostly on the left side. It gets worse throughout the day, especially if I am on my feet a lot. I was at the grocery store with David when I got a significant attack of this pain and tried a few varieties of walking styles. He was not a fan. He wanted to hurry ahead and pretend he didn't know me :) Nothing worked anyway, so I went back to my normal strut.

What I'm eating:

Pumpernickel bagels from Brueggers (I am so missing their smoked salmon bagel - I will be eating one right after Poppy arrives), mac & cheese, baked potatoes, eggs, popcorn, olives, chicken. I am able to eat larger portions than I've been used to over the past couple of months. The only foods I didn't feel like eating this week were Mexican & sweets. I ate more candy than usual because it was Valentine's day and I don't think Poppy was into it.

Weight: +4 lbs

Highlights: I think I felt the baby move/kick today! I experienced about ten minutes of a fluttering feeling on the top left side of my stomach, mostly while I was in the shower this morning. Our next ultrasound is scheduled for March 13th, so hopefully we will be able to find out the gender. I added a boy or girl? poll to the blog, so be sure to vote.

Deep Thoughts: Now that none of my regular pants will fit and I've fully transitioned to maternity clothes, I realized that I will not have to worry about my fly being unzipped for the next 6 months. Whew, what a relief.

3 comments: