Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Pregnancy Chronicles: Week 14

How big is the baby?


The baby is the size of a lemon - about 3 1/2 inches long.

Here we have the "weekend look" for the maternity photo. This means I am not wearing make up. Also I am just a couple of days away from week 15 because we may have procrastinated with our photography. Also we have an empty bookshelf. Perhaps next week it will be full of books and other styled items :) I am turned the opposite way in my photo because I was feeling crazy this week.... Now everyone can decide what my good side is.

How am I feeling?

I am back to being very tired this week. I am having weird nights full of crazy dreams, tossing & turning. I end up wide awake and feeling OCD about strange things that seem insignificant in the morning. I must say the middle of the night is odd and I usually sleep right through it. I have a feeling I'm going to become more and more acquainted with 2 am, 3 am, 4 am, etc over the next few months, so I may as well get used to it. So, it's no wonder that I end up wanting a nap after eating breakfast. Also, this is a busy work week, so perhaps that's a contributing factor.

What am I eating?


Grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup, macaroni & cheese, salads, toaster strudels, and cereal. I have heartburn pretty much every night regardless of what I eat. I had some free pizza during a lunch meeting and the heartburn wasn't so bad. So, maybe I can handle more marinara? I'm not brave enough yet to put it on the regular menu ...

Weight: I forgot to get on the scale this week...

Highlights: I had a routine Dr. appointment this week. I got to hear the baby's heartbeat (rate was 160) and got an overall good report on all my blood work & blood pressure. I can't believe how low my blood pressure is. I think it was 106/64. I headed back to the gym this weekend and did 15 minutes walking inclined on the treadmill, 10 minutes on the elliptical, lifted weights (only 8 lbs), and did a lot of stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment