Monday, March 5, 2012

The Pregnancy Chronicles: Week 17

How big is the baby?

The baby weighs about as much as a turnip, 5 ounces, and is about 5 inches from head to bottom. *Forgot to take a belly picture this week*

How I'm feeling:

I've had some headaches this week, and they seem to be at their worst in the middle of the day. I've had some congestion and sinus-type pressure, so it could all be related. I came really close to fainting in the check out line at Old Navy this weekend. I had gone too long since my last meal - about 3 hours. Also it was very hot in there. Once I got to a bench and started taking off layers (no worries, I left the final layer and remained decent), I had a nice recovery. Then, a banana peanut butter sandwich with fritos on the side really saved the day. Oh, but I'm getting ahead of myself with all the food talk...

What I'm eating:

Bagels, hamburgers, olives, salad. I'm still craving Dr. Pepper, and it seems to help with the headaches. I feel like I have started to eat a lot more. I get really hungry if I go more than 2 hours without a snack.

Weight: +7 lbs.

Highlights:

I got in lots of quality resting this week. I vacationed at my parent's house for the weekend because David was gone to my brother's bachelor party. I only planned to spend one night. But, the longer I stayed, the more amazing home cooked food kept appearing on a plate in front of me. All of the nourishment was much appreciated, especially after the almost-fainting episode.

Deep Thoughts:

I wore the same skirt on three different days this week. I don't think anyone noticed :) I'm definitely having trouble adjusting to more frequent laundry with my minimal maternity wardrobe. I guess this is just another one of those ways to get myself used all the things I will have to do more often once the baby is here. Note to self: must do laundry almost every day.

There is one week left to vote on whether Poppy is a boy or girl. Right now we have an exact tie with 7 votes for each!

No comments:

Post a Comment