Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Laptop retirement, madness, and an iPhone anniversary

My car had to go to the shop today. The brakes were making a funny sound, but it turns out there was nothing wrong. This gave hubby and I occasion to commute to and from work together. I'm pretty sure we've never done this before and it was a lovely experience, however fleeting. Fact: he will not be getting up early to carpool to work with me any time soon.

I bought my new, cute little laptop last November because when I changed jobs, I did not get a computer. It quickly became apparent that I might not actually be provided with a work computer and my beloved Mac was on its last leg, so I took the plunge. In a glorious turn of events, I did get a work computer all set up TODAY. So, I now have a stay-at-home laptop and my nerdy-portable-office-rolly-thing lost about 4 pounds. I must blog regularly so that the laptop will have a purpose since it is retired from Audiology.

Hubby is today's blog content advisor. So, his topic of choice is March Madness brackets. He entered two pools and due to the strangest final four seeding I can remember, he has already secured first place in one pool and he will end up in second or third place in the other. I, on the other hand, am just glad not to finish in last place... I have had a dismal couple of years in bracketology. Here's to Madness 2012!

My 1 week iPhone anniversary is tomorrow. I am slowly learning the world of smartphones. So far, other people have made my phone do really cool things, such as add apps and sync with google. I did figure out how to download the weather channel app. Now I consult it every morning as soon as I open my eyes. It not only helps me dress appropriately, but the screen brightness shining in our cave bedroom shocks me into wakefulness. My fav iPhone game apps are scramble and words with friends. Well, I guess mine should be called words with friend because I am only playing with one other person. Is there anyone else out there playing this game and needing a friendly adversary?? I'm not even sure how to start a game with someone. The only person I'm playing now invited herself from my phone and started the game. So, just let me know if you play and I'll figure it out :)

I'm off to watch American Idol. I don't have a favorite this season, but there are a couple I wouldn't miss if they get voted off this week...

1 comment:

  1. my words with friends name is amholmes1. when you first open the app, hit the green plug sign in the upper right hand corner. then click user name....and type in my user name! :)

    ReplyDelete