Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Pregnancy Chronicles: Weeks 9-11

How big is the baby?

During these weeks, the baby's size was comparable to a grape, a prune, and a lime.

How I'm feeling:

The extreme fatigue definitely started to wear off and I had a bit more energy. I even went to the gym and walked on the treadmill a couple of times. We also felt overwhelmed with love & joy when we saw Poppy on the ultrasound screen at our last visit to the fertility clinic during week 9. We saw tiny little arms & legs and the baby waved at us!!

What I'm eating (& not eating):

I'm eating a lot of cereal and I very rarely ate cereal before getting pregnant. Also, I used to only eat greek yogurt and now I am back to regular yogurt and do not want the greek kind. I'm still craving chicken a lot. I'm also craving thai food and chinese from Ding How. I'm eating lots of fruit. The main snacks that I take to work are apples w/ peanut butter, bananas, chocolate covered pretzels, and pudding.

Weight: +2 lbs from pre-pregnancy

Highlights: My clothes started feeling tight around week 10. My mother in law bought me a lot of maternity clothes in different sizes from unclaimed baggage and thrift stores, so I started wearing some of the smaller options. I changed from the fertility clinic to a regular OB at week 10. I completely changed to a new practice I've never gone to before. It seemed a bit stressful to decide, but I got a lot of good advice from friends all over town and I love my new doctor.

1 comment:

  1. Great job blogging and I encourage you to keep it up! As fresh as all of this is to you right now, I promise you will forget so much of it if you don't write it down. How awesome to look back on this down the road!

    ReplyDelete