Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Steak Out Shenanigans

Pixie and I grabbed a quick dinner tailgate style at Steak Out tonight after work. Our offices are located conveniently about a mile away from each other. We couldn't decide what to get for dinner ... it had to be quick ... because the Pix had choir practice. Most of the other places around only have sandwiches and I wasn't in the mood for such. Steak Out was the only good choice.

2011-04-21 03:10:59 +0000

First of all, I ran into a former co-worker I hadn't seen in over 3 years. Her legend is my best wedding shower gift. At my office recipe shower, everyone wrote their favorite recipe and their gift to me was supposed to "match" the recipe. Then, they took all the handwritten index cards and put them in a cute little binder. I use it regularly. I reminded Sheena about her recipe and how much I love coming across it in my cooking escapades. It goes like this:

Her gift: A sonic gift card
Contents of Recipe card: Forget cooking tonight, just go by Sonic and grab a cheeseburger. Make sure to pick up a cherry limeade. Add grey goose. Enjoy.

LOVE! We had a great laugh about this while the line of hungry patrons piled up behind us.

Pixie and I then made our way to the car and realized we really didn't have time to go find a place to sit and enjoy our salads. So, we popped the hatch and had a tailgate. Amongst a few odd looks and scoffs, one fabulous lady was all over the set up. On her way in she commented, "Now that is the way to eat your salads." She had some time to mull over the scene we were making while she was inside. By the time she passed by again with her food, she said "they should come out here and film y'all for a commercial! Bahahaha."

2011-04-20 22:53:30 +0000

Photo Disclaimer: Pix got 5 mouth shots earlier today as part of her seemingly never ending dental work. If you can tell that her smile is crooked/puffy, please disregard :) We thank you.

Blog Disclaimer: I did not proofread this post. It is past my bedtime and there is no telling if my grammar is up to par...

1 comment:

  1. 1: grammar looks fine 2: pixiedoll is perfect as usual! miss you both~

    ReplyDelete