Friday, August 28, 2009

Stormy Sunset in Sepia

IMG_1571

This is the very end of a beautiful sunset I spotted on the way home from work last week. I didn't have my camera with me, so I had to get home as fast as possible to see if I could find a good place for a photo op before the beauty disappeared on the horizon. I was lucky enough to find this spot just a couple of blocks from my house after I made my way around the massive trees that block any view of the sun from my front yard as early as the mid afternoon.

I thought that the sky looked rather unusual on the evening of this pic, but I didn't know the reason ... this could be due to the fact that I pay no attention to current events or weather. It turns out that the remnants of a tropical storm were moving in. We had rain starting the next morning that lasted 4 days. Rain, rain, and more rain.

Here's the photo SOOC before I clicked "sepia" in iPhoto. That's right, I do all my editing in my free version of iPhoto. I have Photoshop envy. But that is another subject for another day :-)

IMG_1571_1

1 comment:

  1. when i first read the title of this blog, i thought sepia might be the name of a town you'd visited and saw an amazing sunset at. :) aren't i brilliant? lovin' the blog! and glad you endured to get a good picture before the sunset was over. i can certainly relate.

    ReplyDelete